History of Thai food
Thai food is considered a unique food that is outstanding with a particular cooking method with a mellow taste. Therefore, it is very popular among Thais and foreigners all over the world. The Thai food has changed. Thai Food developed since the Sukhothai period, Ayutthaya period, Thonburi period, Rattanakosin period 1 (1782 - 1851) and Rattanakosin period 2 (1852 - present); each era has been influenced by food culture from many countries. As a result, Thai food is more diverse.
But the type of food remains the same from the past to the present. Which can be divided into 2 types: savoury food and sweet food; savoury food has all flavours, Whether it's sour, sweet, spicy or salty when different flavours. Together, it will make the taste of Thai food more mellow. Along with meticulous cooking methods that will help enhance Thai food to have a more appetizing image. The cooking methods commonly used today include boiling, stir-frying, currying and frying. In addition, Thai food is often eaten with vegetables. Or dipping sauces such as shrimp paste, chilli paste, lon bean paste, etc., to help increase the deliciousness and the harmony of various food menus even more.
Popular Thai dishes that are easy to make. People who are not good at cooking can do it.
Let's start with the simple popular Thai dishes everyone should know well. Whether stir-fried mixed vegetables, clear soup, minced pork salad, deep-fried pork belly with fish sauce and seafood fried rice. Each menu has raw materials, ingredients and methods of preparation as follows.
Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables
Stir-Fried Mixed Vegetables Is a simple Thai food menu everyone knows well. It is a menu that the process of making is simple. It's easy to find raw materials rich in various nutrients, making stir-fried mixed vegetables a popular menu that must be in every home's meal. So that everyone in the family can eat delicious food. Ready to get the benefits of food at the same time.
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ head broccoli
- Chinese cabbage, ½ head
- ½ carrot
- 8-10 fresh shrimps or as you like
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Soy sauce ½ teaspoon
- 1 tablespoon water
- Cut the broccoli, lettuce, and carrots into bite-sized pieces. After that, rinse with clean water. And put them in a container to drain before stir-frying.
- Place the pan on medium heat. After that, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and wait for the oil to boil. Gradually add 1 tablespoon of minced garlic and prepared shrimp. Along with sautéed garlic and shrimp together until cooked
- Put the vegetables that have been prepared into the pan that has been fried with garlic and shrimp together. After that, add oyster sauce, light soy sauce and sugar. Then stir the ingredients together.
- When stir fry until all vegetables are cooked. And the ingredients together, then add 1 tablespoon of water to follow so that the ingredients are more compatible.
- After stirring various ingredients until cooked and all ingredients together. You can put it on a plate beautifully served with hot steamed rice, ready for everyone to experience the deliciousness